I now have my schedule for Eight Squared:
– Friday 5pm (Hawthorn (presumably a room, not a tree)) – Reading, a slot I’m sharing with Cory Doctorow. I’ll let him decide who goes first, and probably read one of the stories from Downside Girls.
– Saturday 7pm (in the Conservatory … with the lead piping – sorry) – Genre Get-Together: Science Fiction. Will sign (most) stuff for beer.
– Sunday 1pm (Main) – “Cityscapes: The great cities of fiction: Trantor, Cities in Flight, Ankh-Morpork. Who lives in them, how do they work, how do you write them?” With CE Murphy, Ian Whates and Walter Jon Williams.
– Sunday 5pm (Rowan) – “Patrick Moore: People who knew or were inspired by Patrick Moore discuss his life and works.” With Dev Agarwal, Stephen Baxter, Vince Docherty and including a talk by space artist Dave Hardy.
– Sunday 6pm (Main) – “Near Earth Asteroids Say Bang: Last month saw a large asteroid pass closer to the Earth than the Moon, and a smaller one hit the ground in Russia. How long before we have a serious space accident? Is there anything we can do to stop it, or is it not politically important?” With Jen Delaney John Coxon and Sharon Reamer.
– Sunday 9pm (Main) – “The SF in Games: How does science fiction work in a gaming environment (video, board or RPG)? Does the science and setting have to take second place to the rules? Are there games with SF good enough that it should be seen elsewhere too?” With John Dallman Dr Bob, Gareth Kavanaugh and Kin-Ming Looi.
At other times I may be found hanging around the Dealer’s Room with Hugo-award winning artist and quality reprobate Sue Mason, or more likely, in the bar.